Essential oils and aromatherapy have scientifically proven benefits for both your physical and mental health. But choosing the right type or blend can be confusing, especially for beginners. How do you start a collection of essential oils and how do you use them? Is there a proper method? How can you maximize the benefits of essential oils and aromatherapy? And what are the best essential oils brands?
Before you spin out, here’s the good news: You can take the confusion out of the process by investing in an essential oil starter kit. Most essential oil starter kits include a diffuser and a selection of essential oil samples that you can use to see which type best suits your needs. Sounds simple, right?
So for aromatherapy beginners out there, let’s help you find the best starter kit for you. From essential oil benefits to the best starter kits in the market this year, this guide has everything you need to know to get into the wonderful and relaxing practice of aromatherapy.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links which pay me a commission if you choose to purchase something. You do not pay extra using this link. Thank you for supporting this blog by purchasing through these links.
Benefits of using essential oils – Best Essential Oils Starter Kits 2019
Besides making your home smell like a luxury spa, essential oils have other great advantages. Here are six of the most amazing benefits of using essential oils:
Some essential oils like lemon, orange, and cinnamon are known to boost your energy levels. In a stressful and busy day, when you just need a little help to get by, using these essential oils will wake your senses and decrease tiredness.
When you feel too sleepy or anxious to maintain your attention on your tasks, essential oils such as peppermint, sage, and rosemary will improve your focus and concentration.
Essential oils also help you sleep better. For instance, you’ll get a full night of sleep and wake up revitalized if you use lavender, frankincense, or cedarwood.
Reduce stress and anxiety
Aromatherapy is proven to be effective in reducing stress and anxiety. The calming properties of essential oils such as lavender, chamomile, and bergamot will bring you peace and tranquility.
Relieve allergies and sinus infections
Certain essential oils can also alleviate allergy symptoms and sinus infections, especially when used with a humidifier. These include tea tree and eucalyptus essential oils, or a blend of frankincense, sandalwood, and Ravensara.
Relieve headaches and migraines
Do you have a throbbing headache? Is there pressure in your skull that prevents you to function properly? Rosemary, peppermint, and chamomile essential oils will relieve headaches and migraines.
How to choose the best essential oil starter kit – Best Essential Oils Starter Kits 2019
When you’re choosing essential oil kits, there are two main considerations that you need to think about: 1) What are you using it for? 2) What type of diffuser do you want? Let’s discuss each.
The first thing you need to consider before you purchase an essential oil starter kit is how you’ll be using it. Are you looking for essential oils for stress or anxiety-related aromatherapy, or do you want to alleviate allergy symptoms? Essential oils for travel? Maybe you need a little help with falling asleep at night, or maybe you just want to get started on aromatherapy. When you’ve determined why you’ll be using essential oils, it will be much easier to choose which essential oils you need for your starter kit.
The next step is to choose the type of diffuser you’ll use. There are three popular types of diffusers: a humidifier-diffuser combination, an evaporative diffuser, and a waterless diffuser.
The first type uses water to diffuse essential oils by releasing mist into the air. This is the best type of diffuser for people with allergies because the water is able to trap common allergens such as pollens and dust particles. Most humidifier-diffuser combinations require a power outlet or batteries to operate, but they can be used in relatively bigger or open spaces.
The second type, as the name suggests, relies on the evaporation of the essential oil. You need either a source of heat (usually a tea candle that you place inside a ceramic diffuser) or a reed diffuser to use essential oils this way.
Lastly, a waterless diffuser uses micro-absorbent pads that you place inside a canister, which you then clip or attach onto an air vent. When you put a few drops of essential oil onto the pad, the air from the vent will diffuse it inside the room. Though this method is both space and power-saving, it only works for small and enclosed spaces such as cars.
Best beginners’ essential oil starter kits
When it comes to beginner’s essential oil starter kits, here are the best brands:
Young Living was founded in 1994 by husband-and-wife duo D. Gary Young and Mary Young. Today, they’re among the top sellers of essential oils, and they now also carry diffusers and other wellness products on their line. They have two types of starter kits from which you can choose from:
- The Basic Starter Kit includes a 5-mL Stress Away essential oil blend, 10 sample oil bottles, two 60-mL NingXia Red singles, an AromaGlide roller fitment, and a product guide.
- The Premium Starter Kit includes all of the abovementioned products, plus 5-mL samples of Young Living’s ten bestselling essential oils. You also get to choose whether you’re getting the Premium Starter Kit with the Aria Diffuser, the Dewdrop Diffuser, NingXia products, or Thieves products.
Click Here for more information
Jade Bloom is a health, wellness, and fitness company that sells organic and 100% pure essential oils. Their starter kit includes four full-sized bottles of their most popular essential oils, which includes lavender, frankincense, peppermint, and lemon. As essential oil starter kits go, Jade Bloom is one of the most affordable.
Click Here for more information
doTERRA was only founded in 2008, but the company has already made a name for itself with its therapeutic-grade essential oils. They started out with 25 single oils and 10 blends when they first started, but they have now expanded their line and introduced more types of essential oils to the market. When it comes to their starter kit, you will get a box of three 5-mL essential oil bottles, which includes lavender, lemon, and peppermint.
Click here for Emotional Aromatherapy Starter kit
Click here for Family Essential Starter Kit
Click here for AromaTouch Technique Kit
Essential oil starter kits with a diffuser – Best Essential Oils Starter Kits 2019
Why should you invest in an essential oil starter kit with diffuser? Well, aside from allowing you to use essential oils in the most effective and efficient way, diffusers also have other great benefits. Among others, essential oil diffusers:
- help you avoid common illnesses such as the cold and flu;
- support your lungs and overall respiratory health;
- repel insects such as mosquitoes, flies, and cockroaches;
- create a relaxing environment that can improve your mood and alleviate stress-related symptoms; and
- eliminate unappealing odors.
Having said that, here are the best essential oil starter kits with diffusers:
- The Plant Therapy essential oil starter kit with AromaFuse diffuser includes ten 10-mL bottles of their bestselling essential oil singles and blends. Even though this starter kit is on the pricier end, the diffuser alone costs more than a third of the entire package’s price, so the fact that it comes with kid-friendly full-sized bottles is a steal. The diffuser is also one of the best in the market.
- The Edens Garden starter kit includes six 10-mL essential oil singles, six 10-mL essential oil blends, and a ceramic diffuser, which comes in four stylish designs: blue ombre, mauve ombre, taupe ombre, and stone gray. Given the fact that this starter kit comes with 12 10-mL essential oil bottles and a ceramic diffuser makes it the most worth it for its price.
- Lastly, Plant Guru essential oil starter kit comes with six 5-mL essential oil singles and a small plastic diffuser. Even though it’s not as impressive as the other starter kits on this list, it is the most affordable. So if you’re not entirely sold in the idea of aromatherapy yet, this may be a good starting point for you.
Essential oil starter kits without a diffuser – Best Essential Oils Starter Kits 2019
Let’s now talk about essential oil starter kits without a diffuser. The three best brands for this type of starter kit are the following:
- The Young Living Everyday Oils set, though not marketed as a starter kit, is a great starting point for aromatherapy beginners. It includes four 5-mL essential oil singles (frankincense, lavender, lemon, and peppermint) and six 5-mL essential oil blends (Joy, Panaway, Peace & Calming, Purification, Thieves, and Valor).
- You can purchase doTERRA’s three-bottle starter kit with its spa kit to get four additional 5-mL essential oil blends. The spa kit includes the Serenity Mixed essential oil blend, the Bliss Vibrant Blend, the Balance Ground Mix, and the Dark Blue Soothing Mixture.
- Plant Therapy also has a starter kit without a diffuser. It’s 7 & 7 essential oil starter kit includes seven singles (cinnamon, eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, orange, peppermint, and tea tree) and seven blends (Energy, Germ Fighter, Immune Aid, Invigor Aid, Relax, Sensual, and Tranquil).
Essential oils and aromatherapy have great health benefits that you really shouldn’t miss out on. Now that you know all about these amazing essential oil starter kits that are available on the market, it’s time to start your aromatherapy journey for a better and healthier you.